Polarized FLAK JACKET XLJ Fishing Specific Sunglasses
You’ve seen “made for angling” sunglasses before, but if you take a close look at their technology, something smells fishy. They probably give you a lens color that nudges up contrast, along with some bold claims about landing the big one. Don’t take the bait. We put real technology in our Fishing Specific eyewear. Some say it’s overkill. The pros say it’s essential gear.
For starters, HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS® (HDO®) gives you unbeatable clarity and precise, accurate vision. The lenses are optimized with a HYDROPHOBIC™ coating that prevents water sheens from corrupting your point of view. The permanent coating also maintains a smudge-resistant barrier against skin oils, lotions and sunscreens, and it even repels dust. An interchangeable lens design lets you adapt to changing light, and sized nose pads provide a custom fit. But the real eye-opener is how much innovation we poured into the optics.
Oakley polarization eliminates the blinding rays of glare with greater than 99% efficiency, and our manufacturing technique eliminates the haze and visual distortion that comes with ordinary polarized lenses. Two interchangeable lens sets are available, and both are designed to boost contrast and depth perception so you’ll have a more accurate view of the trophy pursuing your lure. All are made of PLUTONITE® to filter out 100% of all UV. The choice comes down to the type of fishing and the specific environment.
For rivers, shallows and flats, choose Oakley SHALLOW BLUE™ lenses. We engineered them to filter out harsh blue light while allowing more green than Oakley DEEP BLUE™ lenses (available with FLAK JACKET standard lens shape). Oakley SHALLOW BLUE™ lenses help you see aquatic plants and other features that could foul your line. If you need to read river bottoms and spot the reds and greens of prized species, choose the VR28® lenses. They are specially designed to eliminate harsh blue light while enhancing the colors you need to work the line with precision.
* Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment
* Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
* Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
* Comes standard with Oakley Hydrophobic/Oleophobic anti-smudge lens coating on all lens options
* Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
* Metal icon accents
* Optical precision and performance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
* Impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact
* UV protection of Plutonite® lens that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
* Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet
* Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
* Multiple interchangeable Unobtainium® nose pad options for customizable and comfortable secure fit
* Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for extra lenses